Pregnacare prenatal supplements are the most popular and trusted by mums to safeguard the diet of those who are planning for pregnancy or are already pregnant. Pregnacare has been carefully developed by experts so that all ingredient levels are within safe levels for pregnancy and are moderate rather than excessive.
Recommended level of folic acid;
– The HSE recommends women planning a baby should take a supplement containing 400mcg of folic acid from the start of trying to conceive until the 12th week of pregnancy.
– This is the exact amount of folic acid contained in Pregnacare.
-Supplemental folic acid intake increases maternal folate status. Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing foetus, such as Spina Bifida.
– Folic Acid is also beneficial beyond 12 weeks as it contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy.
Pregnacare is more than folic acid alone – with B12 and key minerals
Many studies show the importance of ensuring the correct intake of various vitamins and minerals throughout the entire pregnancy and as part of an aftercare plan. Pregnacare provides a range of nutrients for overall support, all at sensible, carefully balanced levels, including vitamins B2, B6 and B12 which contribute to normal red blood cell formation.
Pregnacare avoids high dose iron which is not recommended
Unlike many prenatal iron supplements, Pregnacare has been specifically formulated with an ideal, moderate level of iron. High levels of iron are not recommended unless there is a particular requirement as identified by your healthcare professional.
So when should you start taking Pregnacare?
-Pregnacare is recommended before conception to build up the stores of nutrients such as iron in women who are trying for a baby.
– Good nutrition is important to help prepare a woman’s body for the additional demands placed on it during pregnancy.
-Certain nutrients, like folic acid, vitamin B12 and zinc are also of particular importance from the very first moment of conception. Zinc contributes to normal fertility and reproduction whilst vitamin B12 contributes to normal red blood cell formation and also has a role in the process of cell division.
For all of pregnancy
-Good nutritional intake is vital throughout pregnancy, not just the first 12 weeks.
– Pregnacare provides essential nutrients throughout pregnancy including folic acid which plays an important role during the full nine months and contributes to normal blood formation.
– A healthy, varied diet is vital for new mothers, to help produce nutritious breast milk and maintain their own health during the postnatal period.
– Vitabiotics Pregnacare Breast-feeding is specially formulated with key specific ingredients for the postnatal period, including essential fatty acids such as DHA.
This product is available from us here at Kirwan’s Pharmacy. Pop in to pick yours up.
Don’t forget our team of Pharmacists are always here to answer any medical related queries you may have.